In this short video Sri Chinmoy talks about the role of sport and the Olympics in helping to bring about happiness and peace.
“So sports can definitely help us to bring about world peace. If there is happiness then there is peace, if there is peace then there is happiness. Peace and happiness go together. If we do not have even an iota of peace, that’s why we are unhappy.”
– Sri Chinmoy (unofficial transcript)
- Original video: Aspiration-Feast part 3, June, filmed by Mridanga Spencer
- Video edit: Patanga
Sri Chinmoy on the Olympics
“The very word Olympics is, for me, a magnificent thrill, absolutely a universal thrill, and it raises the consciousness of humanity in the inner world. True, in the outer world we may notice some wrong forces, but in the inner world the Olympics is a great opportunity for the upliftment of human consciousness.
This world is full of sadness, sorrows, frustrations and depression, and so many unfriendly, hostile things happen. But in the Olympics at least we get the opportunity to meet together for a few weeks and create a oneness-world-family. Alas, afterwards we go back to our animal life.”
Further links on the Olympics
- What do you think of the Olympics? – Q.A. at Sri Chinmoy Library
- Sri Chinmoy talks with Carl Lewis after Olympic games
- O Great Olympic Games – Chandelier part 2 at Sri Chinmoy Songs
- Olympic Games, Chandelier part 3 at Sri Chinmoy Songs
- The inner significance of the Olympics at Sri Chinmoy Races