During a TV interview with Father Tom, another interview at the Annam Brahma restaurant in New York, and also during a lecture in Oslo, Sri Chinmoy explains what prayer and meditation mean, and also what is the similarity and difference between them.
“…when we pray, we go up to see the Feet of God. (…) but when we meditate, we bring Him down into our heart and then we say to Him, “now You utilize us” (…) so one goes up to see, another goes up to bring down.”
– Sri Chinmoy, (unofficial transcript) from the interview
- Making philosophy a living reality at Sri Chinmoy Library
– TV interview with Father Tom
– Meetings with the Master: camera and edit by Mridanga Spencer
– Page created by Patanga Cordeiro