Spiritual music, singing and meditation
Spiritual music and singing
In this lecture excerpt Sri Chinmoy speaks about the spiritual significance of music and songs.
- Sri Chinmoy answers questions about music as the universal language, the relationship between prayer, meditation and music…
- Sri Chinmoy talks on spiritual music, how do know whether a certain type of music helps us to establish oneness with the world, or if is detrimental to our nature.
Peace Concerts by Sri Chinmoy
On 19 September 2007, 22 days before his passing on 11 October 2007, Sri Chinmoy gave his last public peace concert in St. Petersburg in Russia.
- On 24 March 1984, Sri Chinmoy offered his first major Peace Concert in the Kölner Sporthalle in Cologne, Germany. 8000 seekers attended and it was the start of a worldwide series of Peace Concerts.
- On 11 September, 2005, Sri Chinmoy offered a groundbreaking 170-instrument concert in the Swiss Alps, in Interlaken.
- During his August 2005 birthday celebrations, Sri Chinmoy sang continuously 74 of his favourite songs
The experience of singing
Adarsha Kelly talks about his experiences of singing Sri Chinmoy’s songs. Adarsha is blessed with a beautiful voice and frequently performs the songs of Sri Chinmoy acapella.
- Muslim Badami talks about his daily spiritual discipline, which includes meditation, singing, and physical exercise.
Music, mantra and meditation
In this interview, Sri Chinmoy speaks about how music and meditation can go together.
- In this compilation from various TV interviews, Sri Chinmoy speaks about music, the source of his own music and peace concerts, and the value of mantras and incantations.
- This video displays Sri Chinmoy during a silent meditation. Background noise has been replaced by a recording of Sri Chinmoy chanting the mantra “Supreme” in a very soulful and extemporaneous way, as well as a more devotional “Supreme, I bow to Thee” mantric chant.
Music concerts by students of Sri Chinmoy
The music group “Mountain-Silence” accompanied the mass in the church of the well-known Swiss mountain village.
- Students of Sri Chinmoy regularly arrange the music of Sri Chinmoy and share them with the audience in a series of concerts called “Songs of the Soul”.
- In April of 2016, “Oneness-Dream”, a group of 14 students of Sri Chinmoy toured Ireland to perform the Master’s music in 18 historical and sacred places.